Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to use conditional formatting

I actually want to use conditional formatting not on the value of CELL
but the text written in the CELL. Is there any way to do as i want.

if the cell value is ''equal to" "100" then it appears in "red", if
the cell value is ''not equal to" 100 " then it appears in "green".

WHT I WANT

if the cell value is ''equal to" (the text word Paid) then it appears
in "red", if the cell value is ''not equal to" (the text word Paid)
then it appears in "green".

can it be possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes.

Instead of "100" type Paid (without quotes) and format red, then Format normally ad green

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"sallu9211" wrote in message oups.com...
|I actually want to use conditional formatting not on the value of CELL
| but the text written in the CELL. Is there any way to do as i want.
|

| if the cell value is ''equal to" "100" then it appears in "red", if
| the cell value is ''not equal to" 100 " then it appears in "green".
|
| WHT I WANT
|

| if the cell value is ''equal to" (the text word Paid) then it appears
| in "red", if the cell value is ''not equal to" (the text word Paid)
| then it appears in "green".
|
| can it be possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In .com,
sallu9211 spake thusly:

if the cell value is ''equal to" (the text word Paid) then it appears
in "red", if the cell value is ''not equal to" (the text word Paid)
then it appears in "green".

In Conditional Formatting, select for the cell value being
"equal to", then type the word "Paid". It will look like this
on the right on the condition:

="Paid"

It appears not to be case-sensitive. If you have other text in the
cell as well, then select "less than or equal to" for the condition
trigger. Now format your condition. Have the font be red if that
condition is true. The default color can be green, or use another
conditional-formatting option.

-dman-