Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I set up Excel so there is a border on every page?

I need to make a multi-page spreadsheet that is professional-looking and has
a dark black border around the table on every page. Using the normal border
function on the toolbar doesn't work as a) the heaviest border is not heavy
enough and b) every time a row is inserted or deleted the border moves!

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
Laurie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no built-in way to do this. If I had to do it I might try creating
an empty sheet with a border exactly around the perimeter and print multiple
copies of it. Then put that paper back in the printer and print the report
on it.
--
Jim
"Laurie M" <Laurie wrote in message
|I need to make a multi-page spreadsheet that is professional-looking and
has
| a dark black border around the table on every page. Using the normal
border
| function on the toolbar doesn't work as a) the heaviest border is not
heavy
| enough and b) every time a row is inserted or deleted the border moves!
|
| Is it possible to do this?
|
| Thanks,
| Laurie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like a good idea but it won't work in my case
as I am making a template that is to be filled in with different data every
month!

Cheers,
Laurie

"Jim Rech" wrote:

There is no built-in way to do this. If I had to do it I might try creating
an empty sheet with a border exactly around the perimeter and print multiple
copies of it. Then put that paper back in the printer and print the report
on it.
--
Jim
"Laurie M" <Laurie wrote in message
|I need to make a multi-page spreadsheet that is professional-looking and
has
| a dark black border around the table on every page. Using the normal
border
| function on the toolbar doesn't work as a) the heaviest border is not
heavy
| enough and b) every time a row is inserted or deleted the border moves!
|
| Is it possible to do this?
|
| Thanks,
| Laurie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In another program like MS Word create a box about the size you want, select
and copy the box (border) into MS Paint and save with a name like border with
a .bmp extension. In Excel go to page setup, select custom header and in the
middle area select the picture option and insert the border.bmp file. The
border will now show up on every printed page. You will have to experiment
to get a border to fit your excel page format.
Gary

"Laurie M" wrote:

I need to make a multi-page spreadsheet that is professional-looking and has
a dark black border around the table on every page. Using the normal border
function on the toolbar doesn't work as a) the heaviest border is not heavy
enough and b) every time a row is inserted or deleted the border moves!

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
Laurie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Color the cells around the periphery of the table.
Set the colored column width to ~0.88 and the colored row height to ~9.
If you insert rows or columns the border persists.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA