Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel file unreadable - bad repair scandisk.

L.S.

Had an excel-file on a zip-drive which could not be opened or copied.
Could not read or write from a particular cluster.
Other files on the same drive did well.
I runned scandisk - autofix mode (windows 98). Afterwards, in the log it
said the clusterproblem was partially corrected.
After that I could copy and open the excel-file (still 284kB).
Lucky me, I thought.

BUT NOW, when opening this file in Excel it is EMPTY! Where are my data?
Is there anything left to do about it or has scandisk overwritten
everything with empty spaces??? Is there anything to get (a part of the
file) back??? Please HELP.

Peter.