Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to protect beyond the page break

I am creating a form for all of our employees to be able to use. I want to
protect certain cells, which I have done successfully on one page but I'm
having a hard time protecting only certain cells past the page break. I want
to be able to add text (paragraphs) beyond the page break. Can you only
save one page per "sheet"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Billi
What are you doing to "protect" a range or sheet? There are 2
parameters involved in "protecting" a range. One is the actual setting of
the protection with Tools - Protect sheet. But this, in itself, doesn't
protect anything.
The second parameter is the setting of individual cells (or ranges of cells)
to "Locked" or unlocked. This is done with Format - Cells - Protection
tab - check or uncheck the Locked box.
The two, protecting the sheet and locking the cells, go together. That is,
locking a cell does not protect the cell unless the sheet is protected. And
protecting the sheet does not protect a cell unless that cell has been set
to Locked.
So if you want to protect or not protect a range of cells, set those cells
to Locked or uncheck the Locked box. Then protect the sheet. HTH Otto
"Billi" wrote in message
I am creating a form for all of our employees to be able to use. I want to
protect certain cells, which I have done successfully on one page but I'm
having a hard time protecting only certain cells past the page break. I
want
to be able to add text (paragraphs) beyond the page break. Can you only
save one page per "sheet"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did that but but I can only lock cells on one page. I have two pages that
show up on "sheet one" I need to be able to lock cells on the second page. I
can only lock cells on the first page. I also want to include a section that
will include dialogue. I want this to be left unlocked on the second page
but a header above it to be locked.

What I am working on is a referral form for the agency I work for. I have
put drop down boxes for most info on the first page and now I need a
discription of events on the second page. Every worker needs to be able to
add info in the dialogue box.

"Billi" wrote in message
I am creating a form for all of our employees to be able to use. I want to
protect certain cells, which I have done successfully on one page but I'm
having a hard time protecting only certain cells past the page break. I
want
to be able to add text (paragraphs) beyond the page break. Can you only
save one page per "sheet"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Billi
What do you mean by "page"? Describe what you have on a sheet and tell
me what cells you can lock and which you can't. Also tell me what happens
when you try to Lock the cells that you can't lock. Otto