Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default need some help on sumproduct

Hello everyone,

I have an excel sheet that has some registration nos., account names,
reference nos and revenue collected against each reference no.

Some what like in this format:

Registration No. Account names Reference no. Revenue
collected
12 ABC 01
1000
18 ADC 04
500

Now I have to prepare a window wherein if I click any account names, then it
should display all the registrations nos. reference nos and revenue amount.

But the main problem is an account can have more than 1 registration nos. so
I want that first row should display 1 registration no. 2nd row 2
registration no. and so on and so forth.. DO YOU THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE BY
ANY LUCK

Please help me, as I don't have any clue about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

But I need some more help on this. I want to prepare a window containing a
dropdown of account names in one sheet and once a person selects the account
name from drop down the window shld auto populate the other data.

For instance:

Yahoo! Inc.
Regn no.# Project Name Status Ref. no. # Revenuel amount

some what in the above format. So for instance we have 2 registrations for
yahoo then it will look as below.

Yahoo! Inc.
Regn no.# Project Name Status Ref. no. # Revenuel amount
123 Net partner active 1 1000
14 Google Inactive 2
200

Please help

Dinesh

Bob Phillips wrote:
Apply autofilter to the columns, DataFilterAutofilter.., and just select
the required account from the dropdown in column B.

Hello everyone,

[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If the use of Autofilter as suggested by Bob (and by myself in your
other thread) does not suit, take a look at using Advanced filter,
extracting data to another worksheet.

For more help on this, take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

But I need some more help on this. I want to prepare a window
containing a
dropdown of account names in one sheet and once a person selects the
account
name from drop down the window shld auto populate the other data.

For instance:

Yahoo! Inc.
Regn no.# Project Name Status Ref. no. # Revenuel amount

some what in the above format. So for instance we have 2 registrations
for
yahoo then it will look as below.

Yahoo! Inc.
Regn no.# Project Name Status Ref. no. # Revenuel amount
123 Net partner active 1
1000
14 Google Inactive 2
200

Please help

Dinesh

Bob Phillips wrote:
Apply autofilter to the columns, DataFilterAutofilter.., and just
select
the required account from the dropdown in column B.

Hello everyone,

[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob/ Roger,

I do understand that by applying autofilter I can get the data. But the data
sheet is too huge and contains many information so I don't want a user to use
this file. This file can stay as a database and what I need a window in
another sheet wherein if a user selects any account some of the data
autopopulates.

Please let me know if this is possible by any chance using any formula.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi

If the use of Autofilter as suggested by Bob (and by myself in your
other thread) does not suit, take a look at using Advanced filter,
extracting data to another worksheet.

For more help on this, take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

Hi Bob,

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]