Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default delay in entry etc....

hi,

I have worksheet having a list of about 1000 entries. Some columns of the
list contain formula also. My problem is when i enter any data in the list
or when i filter a data it takes few seconds to complete the task. I can see
a message in the status bar that calculating 20%, 40%, .. .. .. this proces
take place when i go to another cell.

can anyone help me to resolve the issue.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your file contains lots of formulae then it can take excel a while to
calculate them.

First solution would be to fix values for any formulae that do not need to
be calculated. Copy / Edit Pastespecial values. That could speed things
up a bit.

Other solution is to do Tools Options, Calculation, and set it to manual.
Then you can make changes and it won't recalculate. But you have to
remember to recalculate (F9) if you want to have the latest info on your
sheet.

--
Allllen