Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Offset to a referenced cell

If I have referenced a cell from another worksheet, how can I return cell
values that are offset from the origional cell referenced.

Example:
CellA1(sheet2) = CellC3 (sheet1)

I want CellA2(sheet2) to equal a value offset from CellC3 (sheet1)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=OFFSET(Sheet1!C3,2,0)

will return contents of Sheet1!C5

2 for 2 rows down and 0 for same column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:41:01 -0800, wienmichael
wrote:

If I have referenced a cell from another worksheet, how can I return cell
values that are offset from the origional cell referenced.

Example:
CellA1(sheet2) = CellC3 (sheet1)

I want CellA2(sheet2) to equal a value offset from CellC3 (sheet1)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord,

But what if I have already referenced cell Sheet1!C3 in Sheet 2 (lets say
cell Sheet2!A1) and I want to use the offset function to return a value from
Sheet1 but want to use cell Sheet2!A1 to do it? Am I being clear?

Thanks