Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to copy cell data

Help! I need to copy data in cell A4-A9 INTO CELLS B12-17 The info is names
of states.
BUT Would the formula be diffrent if it were numers?
Also how / when & which do I use - click & drag or the autofill handle thing?
I can't just do copy/paste or I'll lose points on test!! I need the formula.
THANKX
ConCarp
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Put in B12: =IF(A4="","",A4)
Copy B12 down to B17
(Drag the fill handle at the bottom right corner of B12)
--
Max
Singapore
"Concarp" wrote:
Help! I need to copy data in cell A4-A9 INTO CELLS B12-17 The info is names
of states.
BUT Would the formula be diffrent if it were numers?
Also how / when & which do I use - click & drag or the autofill handle thing?
I can't just do copy/paste or I'll lose points on test!! I need the formula.
THANKX
ConCarp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline