Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MERGE 6 cells/Columns into 1

I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6
seperate cells/columns.

I want to have this format in 1 cell:

Name
PO Box
Street address
City, State Zip
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Word's mail merge feature. This is a perfect reason for it. :)
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm

You may want to use a directory merge.

--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"STEVE" wrote:

I have Name, PO Box, street address, city, state, zip across a row in 6
seperate cells/columns.

I want to have this format in 1 cell:

Name
PO Box
Street address
City, State Zip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This can be done but what do you do with it afterwards? If for an envelope,
then you may like an idea I use to print an envelope from a double click
event in the worksheet module.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If Target.Column = 1 Then
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2) < "" Then
Title = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)
Else
Title = ""
End If
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) < "" Then
FirstName = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) & " "
Else
FirstName = ""
End If
LastName = ActiveCell
ADDRESSEE = Application.Proper(Title + FirstName + LastName)
[envelope!c6] = ADDRESSEE
[envelope!c7] = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3)
[envelope!c8] = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4)
[envelope!c9] = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5)
Sheets("envelope").Select 'view and print from there
'or
'sheets("envelope").printout

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software