Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default worksheet formating

I wonder if someone could help with the problem i'm having with
applying colour formats to my spreadsheet? Whenever i try to add a
colour to the cell or the font it just wont do it, nor when i try
conditional formats. I am totally bemused by this one as i cant seem to
find any helpful hints within excel. i'm using excel 2003

thanks in advance
stuart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In . com, stewbhoy
spake thusly:

I wonder if someone could help with the problem i'm having with
applying colour formats to my spreadsheet? Whenever i try to add
a colour to the cell or the font it just wont do it, nor when i
try conditional formats. I am totally bemused by this one as i
cant seem to find any helpful hints within excel. i'm using excel
2003

If you have conditional formatting enabled, it will override
normal formatting when your condition is true.

-dman-
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dallman Ross wrote:
In . com, stewbhoy
spake thusly:

I wonder if someone could help with the problem i'm having with
applying colour formats to my spreadsheet? Whenever i try to add
a colour to the cell or the font it just wont do it, nor when i
try conditional formats. I am totally bemused by this one as i
cant seem to find any helpful hints within excel. i'm using excel
2003

If you have conditional formatting enabled, it will override
normal formatting when your condition is true.

-dman-

Thanks for your reply dman,

the problem i'm having is not just with conditional formats but adding
colour in any way to the cell or font even in a new blank worksheet,
although when i set a condional format to a cell and the criteria is
true, the font will change to bold but not the colour specified.

stuart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In .com,
stewbhoy spake thusly:

Dallman Ross wrote:

If you have conditional formatting enabled, it will override
normal formatting when your condition is true.

Thanks for your reply dman,

the problem i'm having is not just with conditional formats but
adding colour in any way to the cell or font even in a new blank
worksheet, although when i set a condional format to a cell and
the criteria is true, the font will change to bold but not the
colour specified.

Stuart, I'm out of ideas, sorry. Maybe someone else will think of
something.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stuart

Might be this problem........................

The Windows High Contrast setting.

Read this KB article.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 27 Oct 2006 04:15:11 -0700, "stewbhoy" wrote:

I wonder if someone could help with the problem i'm having with
applying colour formats to my spreadsheet? Whenever i try to add a
colour to the cell or the font it just wont do it, nor when i try
conditional formats. I am totally bemused by this one as i cant seem to
find any helpful hints within excel. i'm using excel 2003

thanks in advance
stuart

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord Dibben wrote:
Stuart

Might be this problem........................

The Windows High Contrast setting.

Read this KB article.

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 27 Oct 2006 04:15:11 -0700, "stewbhoy" wrote:

I wonder if someone could help with the problem i'm having with
applying colour formats to my spreadsheet? Whenever i try to add a
colour to the cell or the font it just wont do it, nor when i try
conditional formats. I am totally bemused by this one as i cant seem to
find any helpful hints within excel. i'm using excel 2003

thanks in advance
stuart

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord, thanks a million, colour now working, once again thanks