Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I keep excel from changing the a fraction to a whole number

How do I keep excel from changing a fraction to a whole number. For example,
we are tracking completed tasks. So, for one if 3 out of 3 tasks are
completed, I put 3/3 in the field and it automatically changes it to 1. I
want to see 3/3 in the field and I also need for this figure to average out
with other fractions so some of the other tips don't work. I can use the #/#
tip, but I would have to do this for every time we change a requirement. For
example, if the next time I needed to track 4/4, I would have to change that
one as well. Is there a way to stop Excel from automatically changing what
you type in a field?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I keep excel from changing the a fraction to a whole nu

Or put an inverted comma before your 4/4.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

press space bar then 4/4