Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default Macro Adding Numbers in Column A + B = C

I am wondering if there is a macro that will add column "A" and column
"B" then post final output to column "C"

I have seen some formulas that work but they are very specific like:
=SUM(A8,B8)C8
I need to be able to calculate "All of A + B columns" not just A8
Also some times colums "B" will be empty

Thanks in advance
Jenny the Excell Newbee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't want a formula in column C and you want ALL of column C filled
then:

Sub demo()
For i = 1 To 65536
Cells(i, 3) = Cells(i, 1) + Cells(i, 2)
Next

Gary's Student

"Sam" wrote:

I am wondering if there is a macro that will add column "A" and column
"B" then post final output to column "C"

I have seen some formulas that work but they are very specific like:
=SUM(A8,B8)C8
I need to be able to calculate "All of A + B columns" not just A8
Also some times colums "B" will be empty

Thanks in advance
Jenny the Excell Newbee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your question is unclear. I'm not sure why you want a macro, not a formula.

If you want the grand total of the numbers in columns A & B then use the
formula =SUM(A:A,B:B)
--
David Biddulph

"Sam" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am wondering if there is a macro that will add column "A" and column
"B" then post final output to column "C"

I have seen some formulas that work but they are very specific like:
=SUM(A8,B8)C8
I need to be able to calculate "All of A + B columns" not just A8
Also some times colums "B" will be empty

Thanks in advance
Jenny the Excell Newbee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"David Biddulph" wrote in message
Your question is unclear. I'm not sure why you want a macro, not a
formula.

If you want the grand total of the numbers in columns A & B then use the
formula =SUM(A:A,B:B)

.. or even simpler =SUM(A:B)
--
David Biddulph

"Sam" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am wondering if there is a macro that will add column "A" and column
"B" then post final output to column "C"

I have seen some formulas that work but they are very specific like:
=SUM(A8,B8)C8
I need to be able to calculate "All of A + B columns" not just A8
Also some times colums "B" will be empty

Thanks in advance
Jenny the Excell Newbee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

The Problem is that using formula =SUM(A:B) produces the entire A and B
Colums Total
--Quick Explination --:
We are using Excel as a Data Base that has Top Row Identifiers (First
Name, Amt Owed..etc)

Each line (left to right) is for one specific customer's balance.
There are currently 8,000 different customers.

Our Data reads from Left to Right... our final right field has "Total
Amt Owed" we need a something more simple than having to write
=SUM(A1:B1) for the first customer and then write =SUM(A2:B2) for the
second customer and then white =SUM(A3:B3) and then write this in
incriments for another 7,997

Thanks in advance
Jenny the Excell Newbee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sam

Enter your =SUM(A1:B1) in C1

Double-click on the fill handle of C1 which will copy the formula down column C
incrementing as it goes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 26 Oct 2006 09:55:54 -0700, "Sam" wrote:

The Problem is that using formula =SUM(A:B) produces the entire A and B
Colums Total
--Quick Explination --:
We are using Excel as a Data Base that has Top Row Identifiers (First
Name, Amt Owed..etc)

Each line (left to right) is for one specific customer's balance.
There are currently 8,000 different customers.

Our Data reads from Left to Right... our final right field has "Total
Amt Owed" we need a something more simple than having to write
=SUM(A1:B1) for the first customer and then write =SUM(A2:B2) for the
second customer and then white =SUM(A3:B3) and then write this in
incriments for another 7,997

Thanks in advance
Jenny the Excell Newbee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Gord Dibben ...Thank You so much works great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Gord. That's a great tip.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin