Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PBJ PBJ is offline

Default Idenifying and Listing Duplicate Values in a Table?

I have a table that occupies the range A2:U1002 with column headers in row 1.
The table is filled with first names. Somehow, I need to do the following:

1. Make a separate list that identifies and counts the names that are
duplicated. For example, if "Homer" appears 5 times, I need the Name "Homer"
to appear as an item in the list of duplicated items, along with the number
of times it appears (5).

2. I also need to show where those duplications occur. For example, using
the example above, if "Homer" appears in columns A, B, E, R, and U, I need
that info to appear iin the duplicate-items list I'm trying to construct.

A complete listing my example, then, would be "Homer, 5, A,B,E,R,U." Each
duplicate value would appear on a new row in the new list. Each element of
the line-item can be in a new cell, or the whole thing can be concatentated
into one cell. The new list can appear under the table or on a new worksheet
altogether.

I know there must be a way to do this with an array formula, but I'm
flummoxed. Does anyone have any ideas? Help!