Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to get % increase between 1 cell and another in excel

Example: Average number of orders over a 9 month period for a sales rep is 8
(the 8 is in cell b). Now I am doing the average number of orders for the
same sales rep over a period of 10 days which is now 24 (the 24 is in cell
g). How do I find the percentage increase between cell b and cell g?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The percentage increase can be expressed as:
=(g1/b1)-1
with the cell formatted as %.
In this case gives 200%.

Hope that helps ?