Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I open an excel spreadsheet file

I received an e-mail from my sons baseball coach and was able to read all the
text.
But there was an attachment, and when I tryed to open it, I was sent to the
internet to find out how to open it. So far all I got is that it is an excel
xls file. And it dosn't help that I am pretty knew to the computer world.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do one of two things:

1) Get the Excel viewer, which allows you to view, but not modify, an Excel
spreadsheet:

2) Use Google spreadsheets, @ spreadsheets.google.com to open the .XLS file
and view/modify it as needed.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"jakeback" wrote:

I received an e-mail from my sons baseball coach and was able to read all the
text.
But there was an attachment, and when I tryed to open it, I was sent to the
internet to find out how to open it. So far all I got is that it is an excel
xls file. And it dosn't help that I am pretty knew to the computer world.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't have Excel installed but just want to view or print the Excel file
you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:11:03 -0700, jakeback
wrote:

I received an e-mail from my sons baseball coach and was able to read all the
text.
But there was an attachment, and when I tryed to open it, I was sent to the
internet to find out how to open it. So far all I got is that it is an excel
xls file. And it dosn't help that I am pretty knew to the computer world.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP