Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you remove duplicates from Pivot Table?

Hi there - i have a database which looks something like this:
Name Number
Fred 1000
Fred 1000
Fred 1000
Tom 2000
Tom 2000
Tom 2000
Jane 3000
Jane 3000
Jane 3000

I want my pivot table to show:
Fred 1000
Tom 2000
Jane 3000

is there a way to remove duplicate data?

right now my pivot table shows:
Fred 3000
Tom 6000
Jane 9000

I don't want the numbers to be summed.

Alternative solutions i have already looked at:
I know I can also do this using Advanced Filtering - which I will do if need
be.
I have also added a new column to my database called "Unique entries" which
i can use for my pivot table - but that's another "manual" thing to do - i
would like to try to work with the existing database - without having to add
more columns and formulas.

appreciate your assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could average the numbers. That would work in the example you posted.
Just change the aggregation of the numbers from sum to average.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson