Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Age

I was trying to calculate the age of a group of lives.

I have the date of birth - I need the closest age not the "age last
birthday". So for example if someone is born on June 24, 1950 - then 56
years and 5 months have passed. Then they would be rounded down to 56 years
- since we round the 5 months.

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

In general:
=DATEDIF(BirthDate,TODAY(),"Y") & " years " &
DATEDIF(BirthDate,TODAY(),"YM") & " months"

(you may make it more complex to deal differently for cases the number of
years/months is 0 or 1, but all basic you have here)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Jeff" wrote in message
I was trying to calculate the age of a group of lives.

I have the date of birth - I need the closest age not the "age last
birthday". So for example if someone is born on June 24, 1950 - then 56
years and 5 months have passed. Then they would be rounded down to 56
years
- since we round the 5 months.

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If June 24 1950 is in A1 then
=ROUND((TODAY()-A1)/365.25,0)

will return 65

This formula will round up for greater than 6 months and round down for less
than 6 months.
--
Gary's Student