Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Map1

When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first opened
and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening of this
Map1, since it takes more time?
Thanks for the help
Karel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Look in your directory called XLStart.....if you see the Map 1 file there,
move it somewhere else.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dialocom.karel" wrote:

When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first opened
and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening of this
Map1, since it takes more time?
Thanks for the help
Karel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either Map1 is in your ToolsOptionsGeneral"At startup, open all files in" or
it resides in your XLSTART folder.

Usually found at

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Move Map1 out of whichever folder it is in.

I also recommend deleting any path in ToolsOptionsGeneral "At startup, open
all files in"

Can cause problems.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:49:01 -0700, dialocom.karel
wrote:

When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first opened
and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening of this
Map1, since it takes more time?
Thanks for the help
Karel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

XL 2003? - Take a look in your ~Program Files/Microsoft
Office/Office11/XLSTART folder & you'll probably find the Map1 file (or a
shortcut to it). If so, remove it. Any files in that folder automatically
open on startup of XL. If that's not the case, post back with more details.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"dialocom.karel" wrote in message
When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first
opened
and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening of
this
Map1, since it takes more time?
Thanks for the help
Karel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Yes I work with XL2003. There is nothing in XLSTART. There were two folders
in XLSTART2 (SHEET and BOOK).

Previously I deleted a MAP 1 out of My documents, but that didn' solve the
problem.

I searched through the search engine for a MAP1 but couldn't find it.

So what to do?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

XL 2003? - Take a look in your ~Program Files/Microsoft
Office/Office11/XLSTART folder & you'll probably find the Map1 file (or a
shortcut to it). If so, remove it. Any files in that folder automatically
open on startup of XL. If that's not the case, post back with more details.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"dialocom.karel" wrote in message
When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first
opened
and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening of
this
Map1, since it takes more time?
Thanks for the help
Karel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Unless they are there because you know what they are and intentionally WANT
them there, move those two folders somewhere else........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dialocom.karel" wrote:

When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first

opened
and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening

of this
Map1, since it takes more time?
Thanks for the help
Karel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are two XLSTART folder (forget about XLSTART2 whatever that is).
Check both. One is under Microsoft Office and the other he

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Also, try re-registering Excel. Close Excel. Then from Start-Run enter
"Excel.exe /regserver" (no quotes, there is a space before the slash).

--
Jim
"dialocom.karel" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| Yes I work with XL2003. There is nothing in XLSTART. There were two
folders
| in XLSTART2 (SHEET and BOOK).
|
| Previously I deleted a MAP 1 out of My documents, but that didn' solve the
| problem.
|
| I searched through the search engine for a MAP1 but couldn't find it.
|
| So what to do?
|
| "CLR" wrote:
|
| Look in your directory called XLStart.....if you see the Map 1 file
there,
| move it somewhere else.
|
| hth
| Vaya con Dios,
| Chuck, CABGx3
|

| "dialocom.karel" wrote:
|
| When I open any Excel application, an empty file called Map1 is first
opened
| and only afterwards the file I cliked on. How can I avoid the opening
of this
| Map1, since it takes more time?
| Thanks for the help
| Karel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you've followed all the suggestions in the thread, the only thing I can
think of to check next is ToolsMacroMacros & see if there is a macro
listed there that creates the new Map1 file. If so, delete it.
--

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Problem solved, thanks to you! Great!

Simple for an expert maybe, but thanks to you clear information, I got to it
solved.

Thenka you again

Karel