Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dot and comma

Hello, i copied some values to my excel chart. But the numbers are like 2.3
and 5.9 etc. A dot has bee used instead of comma. Excel formats the cells as
date. How can i make it so that it would take those figures as they are -
numers?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight your range

EditReplace
Find What: .
Replace with ,
Click Replace All

"raigo" wrote:

Hello, i copied some values to my excel chart. But the numbers are like 2.3
and 5.9 etc. A dot has bee used instead of comma. Excel formats the cells as
date. How can i make it so that it would take those figures as they are -
numers?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your easiest way is probably to adjust the Regional Settings in Windows
Control Panel. After you've imported your data you can put the settings
back as they were.
--
David Biddulph