Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup using Colored Cells

I am working for a Car dealer who handles 20 type of cars in each segment.
For comparing features of each car in a segment, I shade the cell with Rose
color to indicate that the car has that attribute., while blank indicates the
non-availability. I HAVE developed a configuration sheet for each car.

Car Types are in Column headers & configuration description in the rows

I am creating a summary sheet for all cars in a segment.

In the summary sheet I would want mention the attributes by looking at the
configuration sheet those cells , colored in Rose as €œYes€ and Blank as €œNo€

Any help please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Take at look at Chip's brilliant solution :

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Carim - Went to Chip's Site - Noted that he uses

CountByColor = CountByColor - _
' (Rng.Interior.ColorIndex = WhatColorIndex)

to return either a 0 (False) or a 1 (True)

Confused with CountByColor MINUS 0 or 1 <<
Here the True must be coming through as the
Traditional TRue = -1 so that 0 Minus -1 = 1
Can you straigthen me out in my confusion?

TIA,

Jim May