Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Line Chart Maximum

Is there a way to include more than 12 points of data in a line chart?

I have totals in every fourth column starting in row "D" (E.g.,
D1,H1,L1,P1,T1,X1...). When attempting to create a line chart to track
the data, I enter the Data Range by clicking on D1, then (while holding
Ctrl) click on the other cells I want to include. This works fine up
through the 12th entry. However, when I click on the 13th cell (AZ1),
the other cells in the Data Range box are deleted (like I have reached
a maximum or something). Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

At first I thought I inadvertantly released the Ctrl key. However,
after reattempting it many times, I noticed that it always happens on
the 13th entry.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's a limit to the number of characters that you can enter in the
Data Range box.

As a workaround, you could create a summary table on the worksheet,
linked to the data, and create the chart from that table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures