Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Ed is offline

Default Row height and Column Width to cms. or inches

Then number entered in Row height is not the same proportion as the Column
width, I guess it is something around Row 8.5 = Column 1.0... that is up to
where my eye can distinguish... anyways...

Does anybody know, the conversion from the numbers entered into preferably
centimeters or if not inches? To know if I need 1 inch what Row height I need
to type and so on?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ed

Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch
and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch.

The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number
of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

For an interesting and enlightening discussion on this subject see

http://snipurl.com/dzz8

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm which you can convert to
inches at 25.4mm per inch.

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:31:02 -0700, Ed wrote:

Then number entered in Row height is not the same proportion as the Column
width, I guess it is something around Row 8.5 = Column 1.0... that is up to
where my eye can distinguish... anyways...

Does anybody know, the conversion from the numbers entered into preferably
centimeters or if not inches? To know if I need 1 inch what Row height I need
to type and so on?

thanks!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Ed is offline

Thanks for the info Gorb! this is what I wanted to know...