Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using IF & AND

I am trying to get "1" to display in a cell if the value of L4 is 1, and the
sum of M4 & P4 is 0.(if this is false i want nothing to display).
I got as far as the following formula, but can't quite seem to get it to work.
Thanks if anybody can tell me the adjustment i need to make

=IF(=AND(L4=1,=SUM(P4,M4)=0))=1,1,"")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Very close but... try this...

=IF(AND(L4=1,SUM(P4,M4)=0),1,"")
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"xeno" wrote:

I am trying to get "1" to display in a cell if the value of L4 is 1, and the
sum of M4 & P4 is 0.(if this is false i want nothing to display).
I got as far as the following formula, but can't quite seem to get it to work.
Thanks if anybody can tell me the adjustment i need to make

=IF(=AND(L4=1,=SUM(P4,M4)=0))=1,1,"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xeno wrote:
I am trying to get "1" to display in a cell if the value of L4 is 1, and the
sum of M4 & P4 is 0.(if this is false i want nothing to display).
I got as far as the following formula, but can't quite seem to get it to work.
Thanks if anybody can tell me the adjustment i need to make

=IF(=AND(L4=1,=SUM(P4,M4)=0))=1,1,"")

What about adding a new column called Z to add coumns M and P and then
do a simple formula IF(Z4=0,1,"") if that works, then change the column
width of Z to 0. I know the whole thing is sloppy, and not a neat
little formula, but it should work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks muchly, i can see my errors!

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Very close but... try this...

=IF(AND(L4=1,SUM(P4,M4)=0),1,"")
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"xeno" wrote:

I am trying to get "1" to display in a cell if the value of L4 is 1, and the
sum of M4 & P4 is 0.(if this is false i want nothing to display).
I got as far as the following formula, but can't quite seem to get it to work.
Thanks if anybody can tell me the adjustment i need to make

=IF(=AND(L4=1,=SUM(P4,M4)=0))=1,1,"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks,
i will try the edited formula first, but i like your thinking, i kick myself
for not seeing it! - i am sure to find uses for this type of fix in the future