Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Difference between two date entries in excel?

How do I find difference between two date entries in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just subtract:

A1 = 9/1/2006
B1 = 10/17/2006

=B1-A1

Biff

"Novell" wrote in message
How do I find difference between two date entries in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Novell

Biff's solution will give you the difference between the dates in days (and
hours if present). If you need another date interval, eg months, years, etc,
you could use the un-documented (except in XL2000) DATEDIF function

A documentation is here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--
HTH