Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conversion of Multiple Currencies into USD and CHF (Swiss Francs)

I need help setting up a sheet with travel expenses incurred in different
countries. These expenses will be converted into Swiss Francs (CHF) and US
Dollars (USD). So it is that Column G displays USD converted values and
column H, Swiss Franc, or CHF, converted values. Individual amounts are
entered EITHER in column K (for Euro values),OR L (for pound - GBP values),
OR in a column M for "floating" currencies, which can vary depending on what
country was visited.. Columns I and J repeat the Swiss franc and dollar
values respectively.

Currently H2:H7 contain currency rates for the following: GBP =1CHF; 1 $=
SEK; 1 $= GBP; 1 $ = CHF; 1 $ = ‚¬; 1CHF=‚¬; which are used as absolute
reference cell addresses as the placeholders for conversion rates that are
updated periodically for inclusion in formulas that will be in G 10 and H10
going down with every new expense entered.

The conversion itself is simple, my question is how do I write a formula in
G and H 10 that will check if there is a value in column K, and if so,
convert it by the corresponding conversion value (single cell) in H2:H7,
otherwise, check if there is a value in L and do the same, by a different
cell address in H2:H7 otherwise run the formula on whatever value is in M
(the "floating" currency), converted by now a third value in the H2:H7)
range. I imagine a variation of an IF statement.

The primary objective is to have a secretary input ONLY the updated currency
rates in H2:H7 and the varying amounts in K10, OR 10, OR M10 down and have
these values automatically converted by the formula in G and H to be added up
at the end of all entries.
--
Rene - Do appreciate your help