Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofilling in Pivot tables

Just got a quick questions, I've got about 50 different 4 digit numbers
in column A. Each 4 digit number can have about 3-9 blank rows between
it. How can I autofill it?Currently I am just doing the double clicking
and filling..but with 50 different numbers this can be very time
consuming..is there a easier way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't fill those cells and still keep it a pivottable.

But you can convert to values
select the table, edit|copy, edit|Paste special|values or even past to a new
worksheet????

Then you could use the techniques at Debra Dalgleish's site to fill those cells:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming that you mean column A in the source data table, there are
instructions here for filling blank cells:

Gor_yee wrote:
Just got a quick questions, I've got about 50 different 4 digit numbers
in column A. Each 4 digit number can have about 3-9 blank rows between
it. How can I autofill it?Currently I am just doing the double clicking
and filling..but with 50 different numbers this can be very time
consuming..is there a easier way?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures