Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default fill in columns

Is there anyway to expand the information in a column and its relation in the
next column?

example, in column A, I have numbers 50, 52.1, 55, 58.8, 60, 65, 70, etc.
(up to 20,000)
in column B, I have a number I can divide them with to give me another
system of numbers. the divisor of 50 is 4.66, 52.1 is 4.88, 55 is 5.13, 58.8
is 5.46, 60 is 5.52, etc.

I'm building a form where I need to be able to have someone type in any
number (not just the ones in the table), and it can find the divisor and
divide to give them an answer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way is to use a vlookup set for an exact match.

Assuming the source ref cols A and B are in Sheet1,
then in another sheet, with the lookup values in say, A2 down
you could place in B2:
=IF(A2="","",A2/VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0))
Copy B2 down to return correspondingly
--
Max
Singapore