Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas Changed when User Downloaded Spreadsheet

I have a situation which occurred when a user downloaded a spreadsheet
I created for him. I sent the spreadsheet zipped in a winzip file, and
the user unzipped the spreadsheet and copied it to their desktop. One
of the formulas on one of the sheets in the spreadsheet changed, and I
can't figure out how it changed. The cell was protected, so the user
couldn't possibly have changed it. I also sent the spreadsheet to
other users in the same office and they downloaded the file to their
desktops as well. The formula was correct for the other users. I'm
trying to avoid this situation in the future, and I'm wondering if
anyone else has had a similar thing happen. Everyone is on the correct
version of Excel (2003), macros were enabled, so I can't figure out how
the formulas changed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Connie