xlpuzzled

Default Excel Add-In loading

Under Windows XP and Office 2003, I have installed an Add-In (xla) and copied
it to the XLStart folder. I can load the Add-In fine, but when I close
Excel, the menu item disappears. Is there any way to load the Add-In so that
I don't have to manually load it each time I close and restart Excel? I did
not have this problem on Windows 2000.

doco

I must put mine in a folder called 'AddIns' for which the path is
"C:\Documents and Settings\doco\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns"

It would be the same path on your system other than ..\doco\.. this is the
name of my computer. You undoubtedly will have a different name. Look for
this folder and put your *.xla there - that should fix the problem.

HTH
doco

"xlpuzzled" wrote in message
Under Windows XP and Office 2003, I have installed an Add-In (xla) and
copied
it to the XLStart folder. I can load the Add-In fine, but when I close
Excel, the menu item disappears. Is there any way to load the Add-In so
that
I don't have to manually load it each time I close and restart Excel? I
did
not have this problem on Windows 2000.

Dave Peterson

If that addin is in your XLStart folder, you don't need to have it checked under
Tools|Addins.

If it's not in your XLStart folder, does it work ok?

(By the way, I tried this with xl2002 and my personal.xla file. And my
personal.xla file worked fine and always appeared in the Tools|addins
dialog--But I wouldn't continue to use this.)