Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I put a horizontal line in the middle of a cell?

I want to put a line at the bottom of a column of figures before the sum, but
I want it in the middle of the cell rather than at the border. This way,
when I'm looking at the S/S on my monitor, I won't confuse it with the
gridlines. I'm using Excel 2003
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I put a horizontal line in the middle of a cell?

To put a horizontal line in the middle of a cell in Excel 2003, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the cell where you want to add the line.
  2. Click on the Borders button in the toolbar (it looks like a square with lines on it).
  3. In the Style section of the Format Cells dialog box, select the type of line you want to use (e.g. solid, dashed, dotted).
  4. In the Color section, choose the color you want for the line.
  5. In the Presets section, click on the Outline button to remove the border from the cell.
  6. In the Preview section, click on the line that represents the bottom border of the cell.
  7. In the Border section, select Inside to add the line inside the cell.
  8. Click OK to apply the changes.

The line should now appear in the middle of the cell, separating the numbers above and below it. You can adjust the thickness and style of the line by going back to the Borders button and selecting More Borders from the dropdown menu.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This might not be exactly what you want: highlite the cell you want, then go
into Format, then to Font, then check the Strikethrough box. Go to Print
Preview fom the File above, see what it looks like..

Me personally, I insert other cells and use the format cells button, then
border, then touch the cell centerline for the affect you are after. (I'll do
the row height change if need be forpositioning purposes)..just a thought,
hope this helped.

Champ

"CatBuddy" wrote:

I want to put a line at the bottom of a column of figures before the sum, but
I want it in the middle of the cell rather than at the border. This way,
when I'm looking at the S/S on my monitor, I won't confuse it with the
gridlines. I'm using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This might not be what you need, but here goes:

Highlite the cell that you want the line in, then go above to the Format
tab, then Cells, then into Font, then check the strikethrough box, then okay,
then print preview for the final look.

I usually just add-insert another row if needed, then right click on the
number of the row, then use the row height, change it small, then highlite
the two celss, above and below, and put a grid line in the middle of both of
them.

I hope that helped,

Champ

"CatBuddy" wrote:

I want to put a line at the bottom of a column of figures before the sum, but
I want it in the middle of the cell rather than at the border. This way,
when I'm looking at the S/S on my monitor, I won't confuse it with the
gridlines. I'm using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pop open the Drawing Toolbar from ViewToolbars.

Draw the line across the cell.

OR

FormatCellsNumberCustom

@*-