Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
yui yui is offline

Default how to reduce line space in excel

I use wrap text to manage long message in a cell. but I think the space is
too large. how to reduce it (like formatting line spacing in MS word)?
thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you float your cursor over the column headers in Excel, the cursor
turns into a black cross. In that black cross state you can double
click and the column will auto-fit to accommodate text.

Similarly if you float the cursor over the row numbers, you can double
click when the cursor is a black cross, and the line will auto-size to
fit row height.

This also works on multiple columns or multiple rows, if they are
highlighted.