Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you paste to protected spreadsheet and skip over locked cells?

I have a spreadsheet that has some cells locked and others that are
not. I need to refresh the data on the page every month. I want to be
able to copy the new data and paste it into the spreadsheet. The catch
is that I do not want the locked cells to be changed. Is there a way
to paste so that Excel will ignore those locked cells and skip over
them? At this time it says that cells are locked and does not paste
anything.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Webmonk wrote...
I have a spreadsheet that has some cells locked and others that are
not. I need to refresh the data on the page every month. I want to be
able to copy the new data and paste it into the spreadsheet. The catch
is that I do not want the locked cells to be changed. Is there a way
to paste so that Excel will ignore those locked cells and skip over
them? At this time it says that cells are locked and does not paste
anything.

There's no way to paste into multiple nonadjacent cells/ranges in
protected worksheets in a single operation. Your best alternative would
be writing a macro to paste into each cell/range in sequence.