Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Use modified calendar in excel calculations

I wish to plan dates when certain actions in a project are due for
completion. Project is not suitable for my needs as i am creating a
spreadsheet with several types of information. The problem is that i wish to
either modify the calendar used in excel so as to exclude weekend days, bank
holidays and several days over the christmas period and do not know how to do
this. Alternativly I could create a new data type much like the one uesd for
caluclating dates in excel where a value is attributed to each date and
unnecessary days could just be skipped and not given a value.
Anyone know how i could implement either of these approaches?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't create your own date data type; you'll get yourself into trouble. Use the built-in one.
You can use the WORKDAY() and NETWORKDAYS() functions to exclude weekends, holidays etc.
Look in HELP for details.

If you don't have these functions available:

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten