Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File size

I am currently using two excel files with a very similar structure and number
of worksheets.

One of the files is 2MB and the other is 31MB.

Could the larger file size be caused by a previous corruption?
Is there any way I can identify exactly what is causing the difference?
Can this be recitified?

Thanks
--
R Ormerod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chances are you have created cells that were never deleted and that is what
is bloating your file. Take a look at the individual sheets and the scroll
bars. Do the Scroll bars allow you to scroll well past the last data that was
entered. If so then you need to delete the cells below and to the right of
the last populated cell (Delete not clear contents so right click and select
Delete). Once you have done this then save the file. The scroll bars should
no longer go past the end of the data and the file size should be back in
line with what you have...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson