Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional format a range

This is what I'm trying to accomplish: when the word "completed" appears
in column D I want the that ROW (lets say a1 to T1) to be highlighted in
yellow,if another word appears on that cell then highlighted in green

I tried conditional formatting - Cell value is - and of course it only
highlights one cell. I also tried conditional formatting using" formula is"
and that is where I'm having dificulties. 'm stuck... someone help me please
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try conditional formatting as following:

Choose the cell (ie A1) with the word completed.
Go:
Format - Conditional Formating:
Cell Value ........ is equal .........."completed" (right in manually)
Choose the color you want.

Then add a condition and put
Cell Value..........is not equal........."completed" (right it manually)
Choose the color you want.
If you do everything right you know see the cell A1 filled with yellow color.

Then press the button "Format painter" (it's the button usally next to
"paste") and select all the other cells.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

This is what I'm trying to accomplish: when the word "completed" appears
in column D I want the that ROW (lets say a1 to T1) to be highlighted in
yellow,if another word appears on that cell then highlighted in green

I tried conditional formatting - Cell value is - and of course it only
highlights one cell. I also tried conditional formatting using" formula is"
and that is where I'm having dificulties. 'm stuck... someone help me please
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select range say A1:T10 (adjust T10 as required)
Formula for condition1
=$D2="completed"
choose yellow
Formula for condition2