Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default make cell flash

Please help I want cell b1 to flash if greater then 5
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, Lloyd !

Please help I want cell b1 to flash if greater then 5

there is a wise-tricky procedure [posted by KL in spanish ng sometime ago]...
[and with minor changes based on Thomas Jansen -1999- post]...
that let's you to preserve the undo-levels, and you might want to give it a try...

hth,
hector.

1) select 'B1'... - [menu] format / conditional format...
[formula]: - =(b15)*(mod(second(now()),2)=0)
[format]: - apply formats as needed/wished/...

2) copy/paste the following code-lines:
===
a) in a general code module:
===
Option Private Module
Public Sequence As Date
Sub StartBlinking()
Sequence = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1)
Worksheets(1).Range("b1").Calculate ' modify/adapt/... worksheet's index/name as appropriate
Application.OnTime Sequence, "StartBlinking"
End Sub
Sub StopBlinking()
On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime Sequence, "StartBlinking", Schedule:=False
End Sub
===
b) in 'ThisWorkbook' code module:
===
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
StartBlinking
StopBlinking

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a good idea, may even infringe local disability legislation, but if you
must http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips