Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Worksheets cannot open in 2007

In Excel 2007 (Beta Technical Refresh) we're unable to open our existing
worksheets. When we open a worksheet we get the error message that our
antivirus software is preventing our worksheet from loading because it is
infected. The files are fine, they are not infected, but they do have
embedded macros. We used to simply get a dialog that allowed us to confirm
that we wanted to open the worksheet with macros enabled, but now we can't
open the worksheets at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it (but don't disable Norton
AutoProtect). See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How
to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in"
for more information.

Blue Max wrote:

In Excel 2007 (Beta Technical Refresh) we're unable to open our existing
worksheets. When we open a worksheet we get the error message that our
antivirus software is preventing our worksheet from loading because it is
infected. The files are fine, they are not infected, but they do have
embedded macros. We used to simply get a dialog that allowed us to confirm
that we wanted to open the worksheet with macros enabled, but now we can't
open the worksheets at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the heads-up! Is this an issue that will be addressed by
Symantec before the product is released officially?

*****************************
"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Blue Max wrote:

In Excel 2007 (Beta Technical Refresh) we're unable to open our existing
worksheets. When we open a worksheet we get the error message that our
antivirus software is preventing our worksheet from loading because it is
infected. The files are fine, they are not infected, but they do have
embedded macros. We used to simply get a dialog that allowed us to
confirm that we wanted to open the worksheet with macros enabled, but now
we can't open the worksheets at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, nice to know they are on top of the problem.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...