Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple selection from and into validated cell.

Hi
How could i select more than one list item from drop down in validated
cell/cells??

i'm having another sheet, where one list has been created with items to be
displayed in drop down list of validated cell.

*List:- Ram
Rom
CPU
Mother board

*desired output in validated cell is/are
Ram, CPU, Mother board.

would be looking for any related concern.

Regards
Vikas Kumar.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try Debra's sample on "Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List" at:

DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List -- Select multiple items
from a dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or
in same cell. DataValMultiSelect.zip 18kb
--
Max
Singapore
"Vikas Kumar" wrote:
Hi
How could i select more than one list item from drop down in validated
cell/cells??

i'm having another sheet, where one list has been created with items to be
displayed in drop down list of validated cell.

*List:- Ram
Rom
CPU
Mother board

*desired output in validated cell is/are
Ram, CPU, Mother board.

would be looking for any related concern.

Regards
Vikas Kumar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a lot Max...It's exactly what i wanted. just i need to do some
modifications in code.

thanks once again
Vikas Kumar.

"Vikas Kumar" wrote:
Hi
How could i select more than one list item from drop down in validated
cell/cells??

i'm having another sheet, where one list has been created with items to be
displayed in drop down list of validated cell.

*List:- Ram
Rom
CPU
Mother board

*desired output in validated cell is/are
Ram, CPU, Mother board.

would be looking for any related concern.

Regards
Vikas Kumar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max:
I downloaded Debra's sample in order to select multiple items from dropdown
list. However, when I opened her file in Microsoft excel 2007 version, her
macros didn't work. Whenever I put an entry, it only accepts a single
selection.

What do I need to do?

"Vikas Kumar" wrote:
Hi
How could i select more than one list item from drop down in validated
cell/cells??

i'm having another sheet, where one list has been created with items to be
displayed in drop down list of validated cell.

*List:- Ram
Rom
CPU
Mother board

*desired output in validated cell is/are
Ram, CPU, Mother board.

would be looking for any related concern.

Regards
Vikas Kumar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

When I loaded the file in Xl2007 and tried to use it, I got a Code
Interruption dialogue appear.
Click continue and it works fine.
I found this happened with several, but not all of the routines within the
workbook.
Having closed the file, and then re-opened, I cannot repeat the problem.

I have looked at the code, and cannot spot anything obvious that would
cause the problem.
I have emailed Debra privately to inform her about this.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Vikas Kumar" wrote:
Hi
How could i select more than one list item from drop down in validated
cell/cells??

i'm having another sheet, where one list has been created with items to
be
displayed in drop down list of validated cell.

*List:- Ram
Rom
CPU
Mother board

*desired output in validated cell is/are
Ram, CPU, Mother board.

would be looking for any related concern.

Regards
Vikas Kumar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Roger:

Thanks for this post. It was helpful. I downloaded the file a 2nd time and
it worked OK. The only thing I had changed was that I enabled all macros in
excel before downloading and opening the file.

Thanks.
Tiger

"Vikas Kumar" wrote:
Hi
How could i select more than one list item from drop down in validated
cell/cells??

i'm having another sheet, where one list has been created with items to
be
displayed in drop down list of validated cell.

*List:- Ram