Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional format

Hi all,

How to do the conditional formatting if I want in A3:P200 the back ground
color of a cell to be yellow if it contains JSO. Example, cells may look
like ABC/DEF/JSO/HIJ in which case I want the back ground yellow.
I tried a lot, but =$A$3="*JSO*" or =$A$3="*"$"JSO"&"*" etc. won't work.
I use Excel 2k.

TIA

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try
=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("jso",A1))
That will deal with both upper and lower and mixed case versions of JSO.
If you want to be find JSO only, then change to FIND in place of SEARCH.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jack Sons" wrote in message
Hi all,

How to do the conditional formatting if I want in A3:P200 the back
ground
color of a cell to be yellow if it contains JSO. Example, cells may
look
like ABC/DEF/JSO/HIJ in which case I want the back ground yellow.
I tried a lot, but =$A$3="*JSO*" or =$A$3="*"$"JSO"&"*" etc. won't
work.
I use Excel 2k.

TIA

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Have you tried :

Formula Is

=COUNTIF(A3,"*~JSO")=1

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jack

Also try this

select cell A3
conditionally format with forumula is =A3="JSO"
select background colour and click OK
Format paint A3 to range A3:P200

where ever JSO is written the background colour will come

If you want JSO and jso both then the other two formulas are great.

Regards
Aqib Rizvi