-   -   how do I break links to external workbooks en masse? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113063-how-do-i-break-links-external-workbooks-en-masse.html)

Dave F

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Marcelo

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

Hi Dave,

click on Edit menu, and find a comand link or bond (as my excel is in
Braziliam Portuguese, I'm not sure the name), and break all links.

once a link is broken excel will maintain the values

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Dave F" escreveu:

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Dave F

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

Thanks. That must be a new feature of xl 2003....
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dave F" escreveu:

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Marcelo

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

--

"Dave F" escreveu:

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Gord Dibben

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

Yes, Marcelo

EditLinks

Up pops a list of linked books and several options to deal with them

Gord

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:12:02 -0700, Marcelo
wrote:

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

Marcelo

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

thx Gord,

--

wrote:

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

Darrell[_2_]

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

Ciao Marcelo - This feature does not work with Excel 2007. I have a
spreadsheet provided by a customer sent via email. This worksheet has
numerous links that point to a file that is not on our environment or will
ever be for that matter.

When I open this worksheet, cells with broken formulas that have bad links
all show "VALUE#!", if I break the links using MS's method, all cells have
the word "VALUE#" not the actual value.

Any clue how to get around this?

Thanks
Darrell

"Marcelo" wrote:

thx Gord,

--

wrote:

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

Dave Peterson

how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

I'm not sure if this registry tweak will work in xl2007--make a note of anything
you changed/added so you can change it back if it fails...

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Each recipient will have to make this change.

===
If it doesn't work, ask the sender to break the links before he/she sends you
the file.

Darrell wrote:

Ciao Marcelo - This feature does not work with Excel 2007. I have a
spreadsheet provided by a customer sent via email. This worksheet has
numerous links that point to a file that is not on our environment or will
ever be for that matter.

When I open this worksheet, cells with broken formulas that have bad links
all show "VALUE#!", if I break the links using MS's method, all cells have
the word "VALUE#" not the actual value.

Any clue how to get around this?

Thanks
Darrell