Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I break links to external workbooks en masse?

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

click on Edit menu, and find a comand link or bond (as my excel is in
Braziliam Portuguese, I'm not sure the name), and break all links.

once a link is broken excel will maintain the values

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Dave F" escreveu:

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. That must be a new feature of xl 2003....
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dave F" escreveu:

Hi,

I have a workbook which has links to about a dozen external workbooks. I'd
like to sever all external links and just replace those cells' links with
values. I know there is VBA code to do this quite easily, but I don't
remember what it is....

Thanks.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, Marcelo

EditLinks

Up pops a list of linked books and several options to deal with them

Gord

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:12:02 -0700, Marcelo
wrote:

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ciao Marcelo - This feature does not work with Excel 2007. I have a
spreadsheet provided by a customer sent via email. This worksheet has
numerous links that point to a file that is not on our environment or will
ever be for that matter.

When I open this worksheet, cells with broken formulas that have bad links
all show "VALUE#!", if I break the links using MS's method, all cells have
the word "VALUE#" not the actual value.

Any clue how to get around this?

Thanks
Darrell

"Marcelo" wrote:

thx Gord,

--

wrote:

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure if this registry tweak will work in xl2007--make a note of anything
you changed/added so you can change it back if it fails...

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Each recipient will have to make this change.

===
If it doesn't work, ask the sender to break the links before he/she sends you
the file.

Darrell wrote:

Ciao Marcelo - This feature does not work with Excel 2007. I have a
spreadsheet provided by a customer sent via email. This worksheet has
numerous links that point to a file that is not on our environment or will
ever be for that matter.

When I open this worksheet, cells with broken formulas that have bad links
all show "VALUE#!", if I break the links using MS's method, all cells have
the word "VALUE#" not the actual value.

Any clue how to get around this?

Thanks
Darrell

"Marcelo" wrote:

thx Gord,

--

wrote:

thank you Dave, for the feedback, could you please clarify myself about the
menu name in English? is links?

--

Dave Peterson