Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NN NN is offline

Default I have an IF formula to return column heading for FALSE

I have an IF formula that returns " " when logic is TRUE, but I wish it to
return the column heading for the FALSE logic. What is the formula for the
FALSE logic, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the column heading in a cell? Is so, just have the false logic be the
cell with the header in.

"NN" wrote:

I have an IF formula that returns " " when logic is TRUE, but I wish it to
return the column heading for the FALSE logic. What is the formula for the
FALSE logic, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Post the formula you have.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"NN" wrote:

I have an IF formula that returns " " when logic is TRUE, but I wish it to
return the column heading for the FALSE logic. What is the formula for the
FALSE logic, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the column heading just a cell where you've typed the header?

If yes:

=if(something,"",A1)

Where A1 holds that header.

NN wrote:

I have an IF formula that returns " " when logic is TRUE, but I wish it to
return the column heading for the FALSE logic. What is the formula for the
FALSE logic, please?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NN NN is offline

The formula I currently have is

=IF((COUNTIF(H2:U2,"="&E2)-COUNTIF(H2:U2,"="&F2))=0," ","Due")

I wish to replace the word "Due" with whichever column heading is the result.

NN wrote:

I have an IF formula that returns " " when logic is TRUE, but I wish it to
return the column heading for the FALSE logic. What is the formula for the
FALSE logic, please?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NN NN is offline

The formula determines if any of the dates in the range of H2:U2 are between
the dates in cells E2 and F2, and if not the cell remains blank. If there is
a date in that range that is between the dates in E2 and F2 the cell is given
the word Due. Rather than the word Due, I want an equation that will find
the date and then return to the cell the column header of that cell.

NN wrote:

I have an IF formula that returns " " when logic is TRUE, but I wish it to
return the column heading for the FALSE logic. What is the formula for the
FALSE logic, please?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the headers are in H1:U1, how about:

=IF((COUNTIF(H2:U2,"="&E2)-COUNTIF(H2:U2,"="&F2))=0,"",
INDEX(H1:U1,MATCH(1,(H2:U2=E2)*(H2:U2<=F2),0)))

them yourself.)

ps. I changed your " " to "", too.

I also included the end dates with = and <=. Did you want them included?