Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I copy many formulas and keep original cell location?

I need to copy a column of formulas from one part of my spreadsheet to another.
I want to keep all those forumals intact.

I know I can anchor them using $ BUT is there another way short if having to
amend every single formula (I'm taking about 100 formulas so copying from the
formula bar is a bore too).

I thought copy and paste formula would work but the original cell location
shifts.

Maybe the answer is right under my nose and I've been working on this sheet
too long.... thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Select the col, click Edit Replace
Find: =
Replace with: zzz (example)
Click Replace All

Then just copy the col and paste into destination col.
Reverse the Edit Replace with
Find: zzz
Replace with: =
Click Replace All
--
Max
Singapore
"Linda Oz" wrote:
I need to copy a column of formulas from one part of my spreadsheet to another.
I want to keep all those forumals intact.

I know I can anchor them using $ BUT is there another way short if having to
amend every single formula (I'm taking about 100 formulas so copying from the
formula bar is a bore too).

I thought copy and paste formula would work but the original cell location
shifts.

Maybe the answer is right under my nose and I've been working on this sheet
too long.... thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's the trick!

So where I had Column D, I did a Find/replace with $D$.

Thanks Max and enjoy your day!