Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Subtotals not displaying information properly: Excel 2003

When I create nested subtotals in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet, they do not
display properly, and the Grand Total line ends up at the top of the page.
The following is a description of the environment:

Windows XP SP2
Excel 2003 SP2

Here is what I've already tried in order to solve this problem:

--Modified the registry using the "Excel97Subtotals" DWORD value (tried
after SP2 had been installed)
--Uninstalled the program, reinstalled, modified the registry as above
--Installed service packs AFTER modifying the registry

None of this is solving the problem. What else can I try?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you positive you changed the correct key in the registry?

Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in Excel 2003

You may want to review this and try again. It did work for me (and lots of
others).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello. I double-checked, and the registry modification is in the right place.
This fix has worked on another user's machine, but only Service Pack 1 was
installed at the time. Is there a certain order in which I should apply the
fixes? (i.e., install SP1, then modify the registry, then install SP2?)

Chris Benton wrote:

When I create nested subtotals in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet, they do not
display properly, and the Grand Total line ends up at the top of the page.
The following is a description of the environment:

Windows XP SP2
Excel 2003 SP2

Here is what I've already tried in order to solve this problem:

--Modified the registry using the "Excel97Subtotals" DWORD value (tried
after SP2 had been installed)
--Uninstalled the program, reinstalled, modified the registry as above
--Installed service packs AFTER modifying the registry

None of this is solving the problem. What else can I try?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I use xl2003SP2 and don't have that key in my registry. And the data|subtotals
go where they belong.

Are you sure you're applying them in the correct order?

There's another person having the same problem. But I'm out of guesses for both
of you.

Sorry.