Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default TEXT VALUES !!!

what's the equivalent to the sumif formula for text??
Ie:

Food Drinks

pizza

pizza

I want to put in a new colum the result ONLY IF says Food, so the result in
this case would be pizza. I want a formula that looks for the word "Food" and
copy the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

It sounds like the Data Filter AutoFilter feature might be something that
would be helpful to you.............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"HERNAN" wrote:

what's the equivalent to the sumif formula for text??
Ie:

Food Drinks

pizza

pizza

I want to put in a new colum the result ONLY IF says Food, so the result in
this case would be pizza. I want a formula that looks for the word "Food" and
copy the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No not really: this is the formula I was using for my other "numbers
calculations"

=(SUMIF($1:$1,"=NCHDATE",2:2)

But now that is TEXT inside each cell so doesn't copy anything.

Thanks

"HERNAN" wrote:

what's the equivalent to the sumif formula for text??
Ie:

Food Drinks

pizza

pizza

I want to put in a new colum the result ONLY IF says Food, so the result in
this case would be pizza. I want a formula that looks for the word "Food" and
copy the row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Try this.........