Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help :(

Hi ....

I really need some advice/help from someone out there. I've been trying to
create a self-registration spreadsheet that I can post on our company's
intranet.

I need this so that various employees from our different branches can access
this sheet, click on the class date on the calendar, and then sign themselves
up for class (sorry if this was confusing).

My issues are these:

When I upload the spreadsheet into our intranet and a user goes in to
register themselves, it requires the user to save the spreadsheet onto their
computer. So the changes do not appear when someone else accesses the
spreadsheet to register.

Also I would like to be able to track changes just in case someone decides
to delete someone's name off of the registration form.

Ok one more (sorry). Any idea what I can do if someone wants to un-enroll
themselves (cancel out of the class)? Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi beemer girl,

I think your problem comes with the intranet. Typically, they are web
servers which do not allow just anyone to save changes to.

There are a few ways around this but unfortunately none of them involve excel
unless all of your employees have access to a shared network drive but, to be
honest, for this type of solution a database is the correct way to go.

Thanks,

Simon