Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I consolidate 2 tables into 1 pivot report?

Trying to consolidate pivot reports from two documents - they both have the
same sort of data in and headings.

Have managed to consolidate into 1 report however instead of showing the
headings in the pivot report it shows just Row and Column and lumps all the
data from different columns into the data area.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just had this same question asked... Here's what I found:

Name the ranges you want to include in the different worksheets.

When starting the Pivot Table Wizard, (Data | PivotTable and PivotChart
Report), in the first step, select the radio button next to Multiple
consolidation ranges. Click Next. Choose either Create a single page for
me, or I will create the page fields. Click Next. On this step, you'll be
able to add your ranges. After clicking Next on this step, continue the
PivotTable Wizard as you normally would.

Hope this helps!

"Deb-tasha" wrote:

Trying to consolidate pivot reports from two documents - they both have the
same sort of data in and headings.

Have managed to consolidate into 1 report however instead of showing the
headings in the pivot report it shows just Row and Column and lumps all the
data from different columns into the data area.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, just tried out your suggestion. This does consolidate the two ranges but
it doesn't give you a full field list - all you get is
row / column / value / Page

You can't really manipulate the report using just these headings - i wanted
to use the original coloumn titles (as in a normal pivot report).

any more ideas?