Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing automatic links to information in another workbook

Hello,
Whenever I open an Excel workbook, I got the following message:
The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in
another workbook. .....
If i choose Edit--Links, I observed that this workbook is referring to
some another workbook.
I also know that the workbook referred does not exists presently.
How to get rid-off this message? I do not want any external link in my
workbook. How to remove reference of that workbook?

Another case is,
Whenever I open an Excel workbook, I get warning whether to enable or
disable macros in the workbook as they may contain viruses.
I observed that that workbook does not contain any macros, still the
message persists.
How to get rid-off this message?

-Sameer