Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Removing automatic links to information in another workbook

If you can find the formulas with links, you can convert those formulas to
values.

I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
to search for links to the other workbooks.

Sameer wrote:

Hello,
Whenever I open an Excel workbook, I got the following message:
The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in
another workbook. .....
If i choose Edit--Links, I observed that this workbook is referring to
some another workbook.
I also know that the workbook referred does not exists presently.
How to get rid-off this message? I do not want any external link in my
workbook. How to remove reference of that workbook?

Another case is,
Whenever I open an Excel workbook, I get warning whether to enable or
disable macros in the workbook as they may contain viruses.
I observed that that workbook does not contain any macros, still the
message persists.
How to get rid-off this message?

-Sameer

--