Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default preventing division by 10000 when entering cell value in xcel

Every time I enter an interger in a cell it divides by 10,000 and replaces my
origingal enterger with a new number eg. 20 becomes .002 in the excel
program. I have tried to format cells as numbers, General, etc. with no
decimal places all to no avail. Can someone help???

Bill T
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Toolsoptionsedit, uncheck fixed decimal places
It is a handy option if you type in things like in accounting and want to
be able to type 14355 to get $ 143.55 but it is important to remember to
turn it off

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions